• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Though the nereid had compared Cormorant’s earliest days as something like a shark, Pteron had not entirely understood the analogy. He has been picturing bird eggs, something that required constant brooding. The frequency with which he has seen Aquaria – if always at a distance – has thus made him fairly sure that there was no egg, no sibling for Cormorant. He had known another child would only tighten the tangled snarl of connection between himself and the Ischian mare, who has made it clear that she means to dissect what it is that keeps them orbiting the other. Dissect and possibly discard, too.

He is fretting on this possibility, and taking large gulps of water, when he hears his name.

Pteron turns his head, peering in the direction of the voice with cautious olive eyes. It is Aquaria, standing nearly at the river’s edge. The pegasus attention does not stay on her for long, though. Instead, it settles on the colt at her side. His tobiano markings are a likeness of Pteron’s, and the stallion has few children that lack the familial dun markings, and this one is no different.

Nereid eggs must not require sitting on, he thinks, and reminds himself to find out exactly what a shark is.

The boy is peering curiously at the glittering water, a further indication that he is as aquatic as his mother.

“Aquaria,” he answers, closing the space between them, but looking after the greeting only at Torrent. Pteron lowers his head so that they’re at eye-level, greeting him like a (very small) equal.

“What’s up little dude? What’s your name?”

@[Aquaria]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Pteron - 10-07-2020, 09:58 AM