• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cloud burst, rain storm, downpour // Any
    The colorful filly blames the finned colt for the scream, and I glance back and forth between them. The colt – Torrent – seems less than pleased by the accusation, but I’m unwilling to take responsibility myself either, so I remain quiet.

Quiet until he turns back to me, at least, and asks if I am a ghost. I shake my gold and white head.

“Nope, not a ghost! I’m Barley.”

He is Torrent, the other filly had said, but her name I still do not know.

“What’s your name?”

As I wait, I take a moment to look over these two strangers, who despite having just met them, I think that I could make my friends. I do not have any friends yet, and Maman had said I would need some. I like the filly’s pretty coat, and the colt’s fin.

“I bet you’re a really good swimmer,” I tell him, gesturing admiringly at his dorsal fin. “I’m not allowed to swim in the deep water yet but I found a really cool pond on the big island and I swim there sometimes.” Not wanting the other girl to feel excluded (despite her lack of visible swimming accoutrements), I ask: “Do you like to swim? Maybe I could show you my spot!”

@[Torrent] @[Nasrin]

Messages In This Thread
    in which she is startled by Torrent - by Barley - 10-08-2020, 01:34 PM
    RE: Cloud burst, rain storm, downpour // Any - by Barley - 11-11-2020, 07:28 AM