• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Be my death or my forever || Lepis ||
    l e p i s
    gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
    The world she sees is hazy, a muted and somehow blurred vision of the living realm. Everything she sees ripples at the very edges, minute fluctuations that mark this ephemeral place. They are not Dead here, but nor are they truly Alive. Her eyes, blue-grey and long-lashed, peer out at the summer horizon of Loess that spreads around them. The sky is blue everywhere that she looks but it is a dimmer blue than the sky she remembers, and she turns to remark on this to Wolfbane the very moment he begins to speak.

The words die on her lips when the pegasus meets his eyes, a shade of olive green that she has not seen in some time. They are just a shade darker than Pteron’s, and some part of her is sad that she had forgotten that detail. But a larger part of her is elated that his familiar gaze is no longer mismatched, one eye blue and the other green. She nearly forgets to listen, catching the last five words with a slowly growing smile.

He is the only thing in this place that does not seem a moment away from evanescence. His is bright and crisp and clear, as vibrant now as he had been in life. When the dun mare leans against him, the palomino stallion feels more solid than the earth below her, and she closes her eyes as she rests against him. This she has missed the most of all.

Lepis tilts her head so that it might better rest against the warmth of his neck, and pulls her wings in just a little tighter to decrease the space between them. Relaxed, she thinks she might fall asleep when Wolfbane speaks again.

“Would you really want to?” She asks sleepily. It would be a different sort of venture than conquering the world of the Afterlife, and one that she had not thought Wolfbane would be eager to undertake. At least, not so soon. It only then occurs to her that he might have meant that only she might go back. That would be exactly the sort of self-sacrifice that the former king of Loess might think necessary. Lepis tuts and kisses firmly at the part of his chin she can best reach without stretching.

“You will have to try much harder to be rid of me.” She tells him archly, adding the reminder: “My return would be little more welcome than yours.” She’d offered Loess up as kindling, after all, broken her word and lied, allowed Wolfbane to roam Beqanna while protecting only her own. He had been the one to bear the Curse, but she had knowingly chosen to let him wreak havoc rather than risk his life. Lepis tells him this, both because she wants him to know and because she enjoys being able to tell someone that her failure to stop him earlier had been purposeful rather than incompetent

@[Wolfbane]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Be my death or my forever || Lepis || - by Lepis - 10-14-2020, 09:45 PM