• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I know I need us more than I need me // any
    i know i need us more than i need me
    The stars dance above. Lost to us as we are to them; distant. Removed. Lying to me even as they cast a fervent shine from the pores of my wings, from the orbs tangled in my mane and tail. Telling stories with words we no longer understand.

Slip. Soar. A layman's shooting star, brightening the sky with evermore hopelessness: that's me, flying above the midnight forest with half-closed eyes and parted lips, as though to taste the cold of this high-altitude wind could somehow give back what birth stole from me. "Iri," I whisper, the word a half-hearted prayer for her return. 

I have prayed for a long time, now.

Allowing my eyes to close, I tilt my head back and arch my wings forward until I swing over my shoulder; straightening my wings, I feel the wind bite at me harder, feel the sink in my gut that always comes when I descend like this. Closing my wings as the ground approaches far below, I tuck into a spiral, twisting and twisting and twisting, so much more like a shooting star now and yet separate in my entirety -- and as the details of the earth become clear, I consider.

At the last moment, my wings unfurl. Like a forgotten inhale, I rise for a moment, almost frozen against the night's background; but then I fall, a gentle descent into the clearing I spotted above. My wings illuminate each border therein.

I want to cry.

Instead, I sing. The sound (an alto keen, as beautiful as the stars themselves, wordless yet following an improvised tune) fills the clearing just like the light; painful in its emptiness, its alonness.
    Indius

Sad boy is looking for company and is not opposed to an existentially dreadful hook up, male or female. Also he has siren song so he is extra ~alluring~
    ""
    [Image: indi]

Messages In This Thread
    I know I need us more than I need me // any - by Indius - 10-02-2020, 09:31 PM