• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and you will see me
    CrownS
    His small ears perk up straight when she compliments his choice of names. Crowns can’t help but grin with his chest puffed up as he begins to learn that he, too, could pick out excellent names for babies - even if these are little birds woven from vines and flowers. He will work his way up to bigger things and maybe name children of his own someday. The idea thrills him and he momentarily forgets his fever altogether.

The boy tilts his head when she explains her magic. He’s heard the word, certainly, but he didn’t know the magicians drew their strength from things. Crowns has only ver heard his grandfathers speak of how the mages cannot be trusted, though he couldn’t quite discern why they each felt this way - especially since his grandmother was a mage herself. But Sabbath only kissed his head and told him that sometimes men are stupid creatures, and that’s why mothers were made. Isilya seems to prove this fact as she teaches him.

Do you have a favorite plant, then? Can you talk to them?” he asks as he edges a little closer with wide eyes. A hundred other new questions spring to his mind but he reserves them for later, asking only the most dire ones for now. Crowns tries his best to lift his gaze to the bird perched on his head now as he reconsiders it.

If this bird is like your baby, then the jungle is sort of your family?” he thinks aloud, trying his best to map out what the jungle may mean to her then. He had always felt drawn to the strange eyes that reflected the moon’s light in them at night. They seemed to call him, and he wonders if she feels the same when the breeze rustles the trees on a nice day or when she spots a sapling springing to life in the undergrowth.
    @[Isilya]

Messages In This Thread
    and you will see me - by crowns - 10-02-2020, 07:43 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-02-2020, 08:24 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-02-2020, 08:57 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-05-2020, 08:23 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-08-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-15-2020, 07:41 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-18-2020, 03:05 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-22-2020, 09:51 AM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-26-2020, 08:31 PM