• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    at the ready [Gale]
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

His first impression of the green-eyed mare is softness, though after a moment he cannot quite decide why that might have been. Her smile is bright and curious despite Gale’s faux pas, and he feels a matching grin of his own begin to grow in response. She is quick to assure him he has no reason to apologize, and those he disagrees with that, his ears prick forward with interest at what else she has to say.

She’d seen him coming?

Gale is not often seen when he does not know about it, and he pushes away the desire to disappear. Though the brindle stallion had not inherited the same kind of invisibility as his sire and siblings, he and his twin had inherited a different capacity with which to shield themselves. (There are other things he might do with his vision manipulation, of course, but he does not often practice many of them.)

He is about to ask where she’d spotted him when her demeanor changes. The appaloosa sighs, and settles more firmly, no longer radiating the excitement of moments earlier. Gale, who had been enthused by her greeting, worries that perhaps it is something that he had done. But before he can ask, she introduces herself – Jesla – and asks about his home.

“I’m from Islandres”, he answers. “I’m the Chief of Islandres, actually, not that you couldn’t tell from my graceful manners.” He smiles, some chagrin in the expression but mostly a good-natured ability to laugh at his own folly. “I came to do some diplomatic stuff, I guess. You wouldn’t happen to know how any of that works, would you?” Gale’s electric blue gaze is hopeful. Perhaps Jesla, who had wanted to be the first face he saw on the Isle, was someone who might help him with this.

@[Jesla]

Messages In This Thread
    at the ready [Gale] - by Jesla - 09-28-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Gale - 09-28-2020, 09:16 PM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Jesla - 09-29-2020, 07:14 AM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Gale - 09-29-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Pothos - 09-30-2020, 06:47 PM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Jesla - 10-02-2020, 08:00 AM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Gale - 10-04-2020, 06:41 PM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Jesla - 10-11-2020, 07:10 AM
    RE: at the ready [Gale] - by Gale - 10-21-2020, 07:15 AM