• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost and can't be found, any
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

Breach watches her with shrewd eyes—eyes of a young girl who has seen too much, born too much for her few years. She feels the weight of it constantly. The needs to stand against the weight of her mother’s dream pressed upon her back. The pack that grows slowly. The expectations of a kingdom that she intends to run differently than it had been run before. That she intends to unfold slowly with walls built high.

She shifts then, again—a fluid, easy thing.

Perhaps it is kindness or mimicry or perhaps it is a sudden urge to distance herself from the weight of her mother’s presence. Regardless, when she sheds her skin, she emerges as another panther. Sleek and lean, smaller than she had been before. The shape of her eyes are different, but the glint in them remains.

“He most likely doesn’t know you either, if it helps,” there is humor there—something of the girl that she might have been had her life gone a different path. Something less feral, less cruel.

Then a shrug and a smile, something warmer than any non-shifter would find on her border.

She steps back, gesturing to the girl and the souls.

“Welcome to Hyaline and the pack that lives here, Advent.”

Breach flicks her feline tail behind her.

“My name is Breach.”

She doesn’t announce that she’s the Alpha. It should be clear enough.

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

@[advent]

Messages In This Thread
    lost and can't be found, any - by advent - 09-28-2020, 01:23 PM
    RE: lost and can't be found, any - by breach - 10-09-2020, 12:46 AM
    RE: lost and can't be found, any - by advent - 10-14-2020, 04:09 PM
    RE: lost and can't be found, any - by breach - 10-29-2020, 09:14 PM