• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I don't want the pain

The pale mountain lion tilts her head and smiles in appreciation for Dayé’s words about not feeling guilty. It is good to hear that sentiment, even though it doesn’t really release Mazikeen of all she feels. There are some things that cannot evaporate with words even if she wishes that she would. She hoped that one day the feeling of family would not feel so complicated - that she could find nothing but joy in both the one she found and the one she was born in.

Dayé does not appear to have any such reservations, which certainly gives her hope. As in so many other things, the rose-wolf will be a role model for her.

There’s a bark of laughter at the question Maze asked about kids - which is good, at least she hadn’t offended her friend. No (other) kids then - though this surprised her greatly. It was not difficult to see Dayé as a mom in the least. With pups of her own, teaching them how to hunt and wrestle.

The lion paces a little bit forward until the water swells just around her paws. “And doing a great job at it too.” Mazikeen says when she turns back to look at Dayé with a laugh of her own, though she certainly does mean the words. And then, quick as she can, she swipes at the water with her large forelimb and sends a splash towards the wolf before she surges out - purposefully making as big of splashes as she can as she moves in the shallows.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Dayé]

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 09-27-2020, 11:06 AM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Dayé - 10-02-2020, 08:27 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 10-25-2020, 05:58 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Dayé - 11-01-2020, 12:33 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 11-11-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Dayé - 11-14-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 12-06-2020, 04:46 PM