• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I don't want the pain

One of the first things Mazikeen had done after finding out their home had moved to Hyaline was to seek out Dayé and make sure her mentor and friend knew as well. It wouldn’t be home, wherever they were, without the rose-coloured wolf.

The day is coming to a close when Mazikeen finds her now, calling out a greeting as her osprey-self as she circles above before coming to land in the dusky light and shift into the white wolf form she has almost always used around Dayé. It’s filled out more now as she has aged, but more importantly it hides some of the scars she carries.

She doesn't pause to wonder why this matters - maybe she's ashamed that after Dayé and her won a fight against a lone wolf, she lost so much to a monster in the shadows.

There is so much weight in all the things that have happened for the last year, in the absence of Sochi, but not so much to stop her from greeting Dayé with an affectionate nudge of her black-tipped muzzle. Something of a mischievous grin lights up her orange eyes when she pulls back, putting humour on not-funny-at-all memory that comes to her first.

“Do you think there will be any rogue wolves here in the mountains?”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Dayé]

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 09-27-2020, 11:06 AM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Dayé - 10-02-2020, 08:27 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 10-25-2020, 05:58 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Dayé - 11-01-2020, 12:33 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 11-11-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Dayé - 11-14-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: I don't want the pain - by Mazikeen - 12-06-2020, 04:46 PM