• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've never fallen from quite this high | anyone

give my all just to watch you fall

Titanya remembers being a young hellion running wild and reckless in the Dale.

She has fond memories of disobeying her mother.  One memory in particular of wading out into the river and into water too deep out of Talulah’s reach.  She had almost drowned herself several times by going out too far, but the thrill had always been worth it.  She remembers venturing out into the between-lands hours past both sunset and curfew, egging her brother on and encouraging him to be just as rebellious as she.  It hadn’t always worked out as she planned it; Terran was the golden twin through and through, whereas she could hardly elevate herself to bronze in her mother’s eyes.  And there wasn’t even another sibling to take silver, they were only twins.

Looking at the girl in front of her, she thinks youth is not wasted on the young.  In fact, it is quite the opposite.

It is all in how one’s youth is spent.

This filly seems rather precocious, though Titanya’s not really been around enough children to know if that is true for all children or not.  She seems like the type who would have gone cavorting around and gotten into all kinds of trouble with the tiger-woman in her younger days (or her first younger days, that is).  Sometimes she wishes she could have had a friend like that when she was a kid.  Maybe she’d have stuck around instead of abandoning Beqanna and setting off on her own for the wilds of the Outside.  Maybe her mother would have let loose her tight hold on her daughter if she’d had someone else looking out for her.  Maybe Titanya would have had a better relationship with her dam.  Maybe.

She’s doesn’t like living in the uncertainty of maybes.  It makes her skin crawl, not having an easy answer for things. 

At least the questions this girl – Asena – poses for her are not complicated.  

But instead of verbally responding, the sabino turns black and orange and begins to shrink down.  Her fluted ears soften and round and her black tail turns striped and tubular-shaped.  Finally a tiger, she grins her sharpened canines at the young girl.  “Not a good-for-nothing dragon or a stinky bear,” her grin turns into a scowl at the thought.  She sees the girl’s antlers then.  Her yellow eyes gleam and her tail slaps on the sand at the memory they conjure.  “I hunted a bull elk with antlers three times the size of yours’ once.  It took me two days to track him and when I found him, he was stuck in mud and all I had to do was – “   

Titanya stops herself short of all the gory details, remembering who she is talking to.  She closes her mouth with an audible snap of her jaws and looks – for the first time in her life – abashed at Pteron.  Shit, that was close.  She looks back at Asena.  “Well, he got away anyway, somehow...”  She digs her claws into the soft sand and looks into the darkened jungle for inspiration.  “So, do you guys live here?  I’m somewhat new to – to Ischia myself.  My name is Titanya.”  The name of the place almost escapes her.  It’s an island, isn’t that all that really fucking matters?

Titanya

Photo by Keyur Nandaniya

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high | anyone - by Titanya - 10-25-2020, 09:45 PM