• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've been talking with your fists | oceane

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Ever polite, consistent since the very day she’d met him, Gale listens quietly and with blatant interest to Oceane’s shortened synopsis of her last few years. It hits her, suddenly, how far she’s come since the day they’d met ─ not only in title, but in mind. Gale had met a disinterested, cold version of herself that day in the field, a product of her trauma and captivity in Nau-Aib. But she is no longer that person, and it’s with gratitude that she concludes the novella of her more recent life.

Gale, too, has weighty updates ─ though he begins humbly, it’s only a short bout of time before he admits to the crown he wears. She had heard of Gale of Islandres, and of the fairies’ quest he’d overcome to name it such, but she hadn’t been able to make the connection until now. Gale had been a faceless stranger, but now all of the similarities make sense. Oceane smiles at the winged stallion and clears her throat, pushing away the lingering tightness that had lingered from her tears.

”Congratulations are in order, then,” she says kindly, and then, boldly, “Would it be fair to assume that we could discuss the terms of an alliance between our lands?” She knows Loess needs them ─ now more than ever. And perhaps, ultimately, a positive relationship with Gale could open avenues to a friendship with Tephra. After all of her time on the continent, the opalescent woman had yet to visit the home of Beqanna’s volcano, nor had she engaged with anyone who called it home.

But for all of its apparent elusiveness, Oceane has always heard stories of the jungle territory’s prowess.

She tucks these thoughts away for later expounding and an ear pricks with interest at mention of the Alliance and Gale’s participation. “This is the first Alliance I’ve experienced since coming to Beqanna,” she tells him off-handedly, “But I hear it’s a great honor to even participate. We have Tarian representing us ─ he agreed to do so some time ago, and now he’s there in memory of your mother.” A fleeting moment of melancholy takes her before her intrigue wins out. “What is it the winner of this Alliance should expect from the fairies?”

@[Gale]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've been talking with your fists | oceane - by Oceane - 11-24-2020, 12:42 PM