• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've been talking with your fists | oceane
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Gale had not – does not – know much about the black and white mare that had come to the Resort with Oceane that day long ago. He had assumed, naively it seems, that she had been a resident of Loess. She might have been another friend to Oceane and his mother, he’d thought, but it seems that her memory, too, carries with it only the melancholy of absence.

A lot has changed, she says. She has two fully fledged sons and a burnt kingdom, Gale thinks. A lot is perhaps an understatement. The lines that tears had drawn on her face are stark against her purple cheeks, and they remind Gale of the little rivulets where the freshwater meets the saltwater on the black beaches of Islandres. When the tide comes in they disappear, and he finds himself hoping that Oceane’s tide comes in soon as well.

Icicle Isle, she says, and the memory of a green-freckled mare comes to him. (She is too far to see clearly, but as the familiarity between the two of them grows, the more tangible the possibility is). Gale smiles, thinking of Jesla, and of the things that have happened in his own life. He does not mind her slip of the tongue – he’d told Isilya that she could call him Blue if she wanted to (and she did) – and pays it no mind at all.

“My life is much the same as when we met last,” the brindle pegasus tells her truthfully. Long days of lounging in the sun, warm nights beneath the stars, lulled to sleep by the crash of waves. Tragedy has never truly struck his island home, not in the way it has so many of the lands here in the midlands of Beqanna. “Though Ruinam chose to live elsewhere, and left the care of the island to me a few years ago. Eyas, my sister, lives there with me now, and a few other friends too.” Having others on the island had been an adjustment, Gale thinks, and a rougher one than he’d expected. He had enjoyed the solitude he shared with his wombmate. There are advantages to having others around though.

He's been able to practice his conversational skills, at least a little.

“Oh and the Alliance. I entered that too.” He pauses a moment, thinking of Ashhal and Kensley. “I’ve not faced anyone from Loess though, I don’t think.”

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've been talking with your fists | oceane - by Gale - 11-21-2020, 12:15 AM