• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

got a devil on your back so shake it out

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

Where would you like to go? comes the reply. In truth, Straia has not been particularly demanding since taking over Pangea. She has worked on her own, letting the inhabitants of Pangea go on without much interaction from her. That may be a mistake, though in the end, she wasn’t truly interested in sending people on foolish errands. However, she did need to start making visits to other kingdoms, needed to figure out just how to remake Beqanna into something better. Aela would be an asset.

Maybe the problem was that she hardly knew the Pangeans at all and did not quite know how to use them. They were strangers to her, handed to her by a child and a long-known magician who supported her only for their shared goal of rebuilding the Chamber. Maybe the problem was that this was not truly her home. Not yet, anyway.

Aela shares a memory though, and Straia’s focus is back on the girl, for she is the most important thing in this moment. It is a memory of her and Beyza, trading words, and Straia smiles slightly to see it. ”Did you know,” she begins, speaking aloud now and it is clear she will stay with Aela and try to help her, though she doesn’t answer directly. ”That when I was born, I had no traits? Nothing at all. I took the throne from my father when I was little older than you. I didn’t gain my magic until after that. While magic is a beautiful thing, it is not what makes someone great.” She can understand the faeries in this, for though magic is wonderful and useful, it is the core of someone that matters.

”Whatever blocks your words is not a physical limitation. It is one of your own making, and as such, it is one you can learn to remove.” She gives Aela a nod, as if to offer strength, and then she waits.

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Aela]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: got a devil on your back so shake it out - by Straia - 11-19-2020, 05:29 PM