• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

someday out of the blue
    Leilan
    Budding leaves, new flowers, new life - new foals. Though somewhat unintended in one way or another, he never had denied what transpired between them had resulted in the swelling of her belly (and her ankles, or at least that’s what seemed to be her largest complaints). What did hold him back inquiring about her everyday was the way they’d both reacted to the fires in their homes, and the way their opinions were largely different.

But he couldn’t just stay away, children wanting more than just a mother - they’d realize, (later rather than sooner, but soon enough anyway) that it takes a mother and a father to have children, and when they did he wouldn’t be one who had been absent all their lives. It is, in fact, as simple as that; ultimately that was the reason Beryl had ended up on the Isle, and, he suspected, the reason that many of the boys on the Isle had wanted to stay there with him. So, he comes. He wouldn’t be a parental figure to them and not even see his own children, however awkward he now felt around the chestnut mare.

The problem of course was finding her. The forest was singed in most parts, he knows, but not too damaged in the western half, and spring leaves made it that much harder to spy any movement from the air. Honestly, he didn’t really want to use his dragon shape when he visited. It’s important they knew he was just a horse, too, and not cling to the mythical, the scary, the unknown. Perhaps that had been his mistake when he took their offer. He hadn’t woken them from their dreams soon enough, and when he had, it had been a cold shock to them.

He can’t undo what’s done, though - not the way Straia does. He just has to let time fix things, like this forest, like the meadows on the moors. He has to leave Eurwen alone, because she must heal in her own tempo, not be forced back, and besides he has no healing powers anyway. He has to let Lilli and Yan come to their own conclusions.

The only ones who don’t have the luxury of waiting are the twins. They’ll grow up with or without him, and he’s determined to make it with. Thus, when he hears the red mare call out, he knows he is on track and catches sight of a roan colt flashing by soon after. His nose tells him there’s a filly, too, but he has yet to spy her when their mother comes into sight. ”Morning, Lilliana.” he greets her. Nothing of the usual jokes and jests, but he doesn’t think he has that luxury today. He doesn’t even think he has the right to shorten her name, and so, he just smiles a little awkwardly, then darts his attention to the movement running towards a clearing. He catches the sound of the children playing, the boy distinctly using the word “beeber” which make him tilt his head in momentary wonder. What’s all that about?
    I make no promises
    I can’t do golden rings

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[lilliana] I did not proofread so the first part is a lot of rambling, enjoy
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 09-25-2020, 10:44 AM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by Leilan - 09-26-2020, 03:33 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 10-01-2020, 11:51 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by Leilan - 10-08-2020, 03:05 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:43 PM