• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

someday out of the blue

- it's in the eyes, i can tell you will always be danger -
    we had it tonight, why do we always seek absolution?
    LILLIANA

In another life, she would have looked over shoulder and thrown that wildfire smile as far as she could. He’d catch it because he was her brother and that was what he always did. Malachi was always good at knowing where and when he was needed, about being what was needed. 'See,’ Lilliana would have teased. 'Two sets of twins. Just like you.’ 

In this life, she only muses the thought in her mind. She likes to imagine that the Wind carries it away, blowing and whipping the words around until they finally find a pair of silver-tipped ears. She likes to imagine that he hears the words and smiles. 

"Oren!” she laughs when the boy has gone far away enough that she can no longer see him and then calls out. "Over here please, sweeting.”

There is a light press at her flank and Lilliana looks behind her to find Roselin peering up at her mother, hesitant to leave her side. "Rosey, love,” she murmurs and reaches reassuringly down to her youngest child smiling, "the trees don’t bite, I promise.” The silver-black filly peers up, looking far too serious and somber for a girl her age. So like your Uncle Alvaro, Lilliana thinks. 

”I heard about the... beepers,” she whispered. "They have teeth and tails and claws and they.. They chew the trees. What if it makes the Forest angry?”

Oren came back into view and Lilliana lifted her head, carefully watching the bay roan colt. Looking down, she smiled and whispered back, "No beavers today. Just Oren and I.” Not looking convinced, Roselin pressed her dark lips into a thin line and looked to where her twin played. "How about this,” Lilliana gently said. "If you and Oren can find a large clearing for me, I’ll make sure the beavers stay away.” The girl looked up and her mother said: "Go play and when you're both done, I’ll tell you a story about flowers that bloom even in winter.” 

It took a few moments but eventually the pale-maned filly trotted towards her older brother and the two foals played beneath a scorch-marked Redwood.

image credit to rigardatta

just a post to say that rosey and oren exist <3
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 09-25-2020, 10:44 AM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by Leilan - 09-26-2020, 03:33 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 10-01-2020, 11:51 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by Leilan - 10-08-2020, 03:05 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:43 PM