• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

The pace in which we moved through the forest was an easy but quick one. It allowed me to see a lot more of the lands than the casual stroll we had been on previously, though in less detail. That part was a little disappointing, as the ferns growing between the giant redwoods made quite the sight. It practically took my breath away. I definitely have to admit that the forest was where I felt like I belonged. I breathed in a long breath of the fresh, misty air, and with it comes the earthy scent of everything around me, the trees, the ferns, the ground that was unsettled by our hooves as we passed through. It smelt like home. It looked like home. It sounded like home. It felt like home.

As we move through the trees, I give him a sideways glance with a smile to accompany it. I liked this stallion. A lot. I could feel my worries slowly dissipating with each step we took.

Yanhua slows to a stop at on the bank of a creek. In tune with his motions, I slow to a stop as well, my movements as graceful as ever as I move from a canter to a trot to a walk and then a stop. Was this his place? I give him a kind of quizzical look, and he answers with a casual statement about finding his scent on the tree should I ever have difficulty finding the path. Then this must not be it, not quite yet. In response, I press my nose against his chest and draw in a deep breath, trying to memorize that scent, his scent. I give him a soft, shy giggle and a broad smile. “You smell positively lovely. You smell like the forest, though much more pleasant.” And that was saying something, since I loved the smell of this forest.

I look back at the tree and notice the gouges cut deep into its bark. Then my eyes move to the goat horns atop Yanhua’s head. I reach my nose up to gently brush against them. They are as hard as they appear, and something menacing that I could see benefiting him in a battle. Little did I know that he would be leaving for a battle so soon.

Just then, he states that I am welcome here whenever I want. That gives me a smile. As he moves through the water, I gently pick up my hooves to prance through, playing in the water as I had done when Lilliana found me in the Field. I loved water, and I loved playing in it. So even though it is cold and bitterly biting to the skin, I still lift my legs and step down with a hard splash as I make my way through it. No doubt this would give the stallion something to smile about as well.

Once through the small river, he leads the way along the narrow path. When he mentions that he has to leave soon, I give him a quizzical frown. It felt like a loss, that he had to leave so soon. I had only just met him, and he was already going to leave. I wanted more time with him. I wanted to spend all of my time with him. I found myself saddened by this news that he would have to leave. However, we still have the night, so I smile kindly back at him as he winks. “I’m sure that no wolf would want to face you. You’re so big and strong, and you have those wonderful horns.” I give him a similar smirk, that says I approve.

Then he stops before an old tree. The way the ivy fell against the tree made me realize that it was hollow within. The snarl of roots across the rocks was almost magical, and the moss that grew around the base of the tree was positively darling. I have to admit that I am shocked and awed by the sight of the massive tree hiding the cavern within. “It’s beautiful,” I say with bated breath. “No wonder this is your place! I love it! I slowly move toward the sheet of ivy and push some of it aside to peer into the cavern. “This is wonderful!” There is a girlish kind of wonder in my voice as I step into the cavern and casually look back to see that he follows. Here is where we would spend the night, hopefully curled up together, sharing each other’s warmth and companionship.

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Borderline - 10-14-2020, 07:44 PM