• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

“He can fly?” I ask with a look of wonder and fascination in my blue eyes. “Oh, I wish I could fly!” I give a small leap into the air, bringing all four of my legs up underneath me before I gently and lithely land back on my hooves with a soft giggle and a smile. Oh how I wished he would tell me more. I want to know everything about this wonderful creature that I travel beside.

There might not have been any heat to his glow, but the presence of his large figure next to me keeps me warm enough. I am close enough that I could feel the heat of his body radiating off of him. It is certainly a pleasant feeling, as my previous winter had been spent trying desperately to stay warm all by myself. Now that I was bigger with a thicker coat, it wasn’t as much of a problem, but I didn’t foresee it being a problem at all now that this stallion stood next to me. I smile softly at him with the thought.

I really don’t feel wise beyond my years, to be honest. I feel naïve and, often times, lost. Sure, maybe the sentiment I’d said about not regretting my past was wise and thoughtful, but that is about where the wisdom ends, at least I believe that. Still, I am learning every day, and I plan to learn a lot more about the world and life and love and so much more now that I had arrived here in these new lands.

To my utter surprise, Yanhua stops suddenly. I stop a split second later and swing my rear end around so that I am facing him. His words are proud and grand, and I am impressed with his form as he stands tall. I begin to smile, just as he dips into a low bow, and then I find myself giggling, not because I find this funny, but because I am genuinely happy, because I am finally home.

Home. The word felt warm and friendly. But still, a worry sprouts in the back of my mind. Will I be worthy of this home? I certainly hadn’t been worthy in my last home. My mother had made certain of that. She was, after all, the town whore, so she had all the boys wrapped around her little hoof. I realize that the thoughts are distracting me, however, and so I shake them away with a small shake of my head, my blue mane falling into my eyes as I do so.

“Well, Yanhua, you make such a wonderful greeter. I am proud to call this my home, and I hope that I am worthy of it, because these lands are so beautiful and amazing and wonderful. I am glad to be home.”

Just then, he rears up and turns about to face away from me. For a moment, a panic runs through me. Why is he running away? I thought we were having such a wonderful time! But then he calls over his shoulder for me, and a grin spreads across my face. I leap into the air, bringing my front legs up close to my chest in an elegant manner before my back legs push off the ground. I move in a graceful arch before landing back on my front hooves and gallop to catch up to him. I move with a fluid ease, my legs pounding the ground in a rhythmic beat. Once I catch up to him, I slow to match his pace, eagerness flowing through my veins, bringing warmth and joy to the very tips of my hooves. I find that I am truly excited to see his place.

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Borderline - 10-08-2020, 04:44 PM