• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  love that journey for me

Mazikeen already isn’t feeling bad about calling the fish girl an eel, and since the stranger didn’t seem too impressed by her own show of teeth Maze resolved not to feel bad about it at all. Especially when the explanation given did not clear things up at all. “Never seen or heard of a Kelpie before.” She states simply with a little shrug though her grin is growing as the dramatics continue.

But then the mare moves and pushes up from the ground - that aquatic tail shifting into hind legs until she's standing and well, that’s that. The issue just solved itself.

Mazikeen can’t decide whether the petulance radiating off of this mare is annoying or entertaining, but she’s starting to lean towards entertaining now that she knows she won’t actually have to try to chase her out of the lake.

At the question about whether she was always this charming to those she’s just met, Mazikeen’s orange eyes dance with a smirk and her next words are punctuated with a wink for good measure. “Yes, actually. Wouldn’t want you to go thinking you were special or anything.” She relaxes, though, and that smirk brightens into a kinder grin. “I’m Mazikeen - or Maze if you want. And you can keep living in the lake - we only allow shifters to live in this kingdom but since you can turn into a…” and Mazikeen makes a very exaggerated point of pronouncing the next word carefully kelpie,  you’re alright.”

Her attention turns to the lake and her head tilts to the side a little as she asks with obvious curiosity. As though the other hundred (potentially rude) questions had not just happened. “Is there anything cool down there? In the lake?”

image by Reitro

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    love that journey for me - by Sabal - 09-17-2020, 12:15 PM
    RE: love that journey for me - by Mazikeen - 09-27-2020, 10:18 AM
    RE: love that journey for me - by Sabal - 10-02-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: love that journey for me - by Mazikeen - 10-11-2020, 08:32 PM
    RE: love that journey for me - by Sabal - 11-22-2020, 10:39 PM
    RE: love that journey for me - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2020, 08:15 PM