• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't want you to adore me
    Leilan
    There is little else to say to Yanhua in that moment, because he leaves without resolving the issue. The shifter stares after him with narrowed eyes, but doesn't comment further. He'd rather have the boy had given in to his feelings, but can he really blame him for pushing them away in front of Lilli? Leilan knows he does quite the same thing - usually, that is. That Pangea will not return to take them, that Straia has no wish to and every reason now to talk this out with him, because his actions made him interesting enough, is something he cannot explain right now.

The chestnut mare makes that rather hard, though. Her words cut like knives - sharp silver blades that claim he doesn't care. That when he retaliates he cannot protect their precious people. "You expect me to face children and rip them open? You don't expect me to fight the source of the problem? No, don't answer that." He shakes his head, dismissive, disappointed. "If I'm nothing more than a pawn to you, a shield to use as you wish, then this is your wake up call. You don't use a weapon as a shield." His steel-icy eyes glare, no warmth to be found there. While Yanhua is able to set him on fire, Lilliana cools him down right now - in a way that he already can predict isn't good for either of them, but already feels like he doesn't care.

He shakes off feelings like he's used to, her pregnancy a stinging reminder of what was, when he leaves her behind. Nothing good comes off their meeting right now.
    They're burning all the witches even if you ain't one
    So light me up, light me up

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[lilliana] a closer I guess
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:14 AM