• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't want you to adore me
    Leilan
    The injustice of it all - it’s the one mood they share, be it for different reasons. The dragon inside him would have lashed out already, at either, at both - it’s the stallion who isn’t capable of a full shift who is restraining himself, be it nearing a point of no return as well. His gritted teeth are slammed together showing his sharp jawline, his black-eyed stare grinding into Yanhua, the boy who never had a need to look past his own borders. That’s what he is - a homebody and a boy - and it’s the only reason he doesn’t want to fight him.

King, king, king. He hadn’t adopted the title on his own and certainly didn’t call himself one, but apparently it didn’t matter what he said or did, didn’t matter how large the portion of power was that he gave away, he is now the one being scorned for the bad or praised for the good - the title thrown at him like an insult. ”Stop.” he warns, but it is futile as @[Yanhua] continues, calling him their weakest link then. It takes everything not to lunge at him, feeling the sharp teeth pricking towards his tongue - one leg already clawing at the earth instead of dragging a hoof, for the briefest moment - but Lilli interjects. Her question is soft and prying and everything he doesn’t need.

”Why?” he repeats, momentarily pulled out of his anger with surprise, a mixed color showing as he turns his head from Yan to @[lilliana] - but the surprise quickly gets more fuel as the rest of his memories and feelings catch up, and he’s back to a kind of anger he never had before. Why? They take you captive, they burn your home and want to know why? You think I’m not looking out for our people?” The word our emphasized with a nasty glare to the both of them - what happened to shared responsibility? - ”You can’t just fight fire with ice! You don’t fight dragons with dragons in the place you don’t want destroyed!” (It’s basic warrior tactics: pick the right battles, choose your battle ground. The Isle would never be the same again, but Nerine and Taiga had withstood fires before.) ”And they fucking deserved it! They deserve to come home to this! So yea, I’d fucking do it again, every single time!” Damn, does he have to explain everything? He knows Lilliana was never a fighter, and perhaps letting Yanhua grow up with only a mother-figure had him unprepared for war. But really? Common sense? ”You know what, fuck you. Be angry. See if I care.” (Something he doesn’t mean - nor ever will act upon - but in the heat of the moment, he truly thinks of everything as a big shit.) With that, he turns away from their stupid faces, prepares to move to the northwestern Taigan shore.
    then you found me,
    and pushed me into the light

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

Uhm so yes, that.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:14 AM