• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't want you to adore me

Yanhua

Yanhua knew his mother was balancing her thoughts on how to deal with seeing Leilan so suddenly and so… unexpectedly at home, so he cut her off by taking control of their conversation. He’d trotted ahead and left her behind, a little worried she might be upset with him and not Leilan for the harsh words that suddenly came out of his mouth. He hadn’t expected himself to be so overwhelmed at seeing the dragon-shifter again, their self-proclaimed “King”, and Yanhua really hadn’t considered the kind of rage he was capable of when the moment was just right. Leilan’s existence in and of itself was enough to piss Yan off, presently. But to add insult to injury he felt like coming here, and he had the gall to make a joke out of Yanhua’s obvious rage.

“I’m not surprised.” He thought quietly to himself, sizing up the other stallion with a nasty frown. Leilan was right; Yanhua was literally a hair away from snapping the color back out of Leilan’s eyes. “What else could I expect from a plump lizard?”

Hadn’t it been just a short while ago that they’d all been friends, joking about the Alliance tourney? (A tourney that was still coming, something he’d been unable to prepare for under current circumstances.) Jaded, Yanhua scoffed at what he assumed was Leilan’s response to his mother’s silence behind him and said, “Of course you would, My Liege!” as sarcastically as he could manage between the thinly veiled rage.

“Your subjects are suffering beyond words but no, let’s not think of them. Let’s stick to our stupid sensibilities and play the ‘I’m King so whatever I did was the Right Thing to do!’ card!” Yan was practically shouting by the end. What he wanted was to crack open Leilan’s thick skull. What he did was toss his horns aside and shout, “UGH!” Before closing his eyes. He’d rather just shut out the image of Leilan altogether. The darkness was a welcome relief.

Lilli wasn’t angry with Yan, like he’d assumed. She was probably sending the ‘Dragon King’ an echo he hadn’t picked up himself, but it was easy enough to fill in the blanks. Still - ‘I’d do it again in a heartbeat’? That’s the best answer he could give to one of his most loyal followers? To a mare who’d actually given him a throne and dominion over the North? “THAT is why I would’ve chosen differently.” Yanhua told himself, recalling the last pleasant conversation he and his mother had had before Nerine’s burning. No one horse should have Leilan’s power.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m starting to see sense in the Pangea power-move.” Yan sighed deeply before opening his eyes again. “If anything, it’s made me painfully aware of our weakest link.” He muttered angrily, just like a hot-blooded youth was prone to doing. In the moment nothing mattered but how Yanhua felt, and what he was felt was betrayed.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

@[lilliana] ooc: oh that's a vibe

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM