• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't want you to adore me
    Leilan
    His eyes adjust to the light and he sternly but somehow calmly watches the two red horses approach - naive perhaps, or blind to their emotions, to the chaos that they might have experienced differently than he.

But when his eyes land on Yanhua’s stiff approaching, he knows already that something is very wrong. (Perhaps he still doesn’t get the depth of that wrongness - it doesn’t come up in his mind that Yanhua isn’t just angry with the Pangeans, but with him, too.)

You have some fucking nerve. Odd phrasing, and only then does the dragon-stallion know something is off on a personal level. But it doesn’t make Leilan remorseful - in fact, he channels all the wrong emotions into a kind of anger. His eyes darken at the same speed that his face does, the yellow quickly fading to a dark brown - but unlike his molten chocolate coloring, no warmth can be found there right now. ”I’d think so.” he answers, steely and guarded. (And still he doesn’t truly get it - the feelings and assumptions behind the accusation.) Muscles tighten, brazing for something he doesn’t know yet and subconsciously feels coming. @[Yanhua] is just a hair from snapping. Scales harden beneath the ice of his skin.

And then Lilli - @[lilliana], he should say, like he doesn’t know her. He doesn’t know the look on her face and she doesn’t know the color in his eyes. Cold deep brown deepens to pitch black, and his frown becomes deeper. There is pure hatred for what the dragon-children have brought to Nerine, the ease with which the magicians had decided that this was all well and good with them. The assault on his mind - emotional echoes, he recognises; the kind that Breckin had always wielded, too. Under any other circumstance this would have frightened him, but now there is only seething rage - does nothing to change his feelings, only makes them stronger. If she thinks this would change his mind, she is very wrong.

”I’d do it again in a heartbeat.” he grumbles through his teeth. Perhaps they’re not really mirrors after all. Their feelings and actions opposite reactions to the same thing.

He just doesn’t get it. Would she rather he’d added to the destruction of Nerine?
    then you found me,
    and pushed me into the light

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:14 AM