• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't want you to adore me

Yanhua

Yanhua had prepared himself for Taiga… or so he thought. All the way down from Nerine he’d talked himself out of any concerns, mostly for the benefit of sanity and a peaceful walk home with his mother, telling himself every step of the way that no damage was permanent, and even if it was, there was nothing they couldn’t do to make Taiga whole and better again. But the second he turned at that familiar fork in the road - the one leading home - and saw what waited for him there, his heart broke.

Depression crept in on catspaws, feeding lead into his veins and making the journey hard. He wanted nothing more than to turn away from it all and keep walking west again, toward the sea. When he got there maybe he could just walk right into the ocean and let it swallow him up too, since nothing he did mattered anyway.

The charred forest and barren earth basically mocked him, wasted and ugly as if to say, you took your time and cared about this place, for what? For someone stronger, faster, to come in and tear it all away in seconds.

Yanhua’s ears lowered into his neck bit by bit the further he walked and the clearer Leilan’s outline became at the edge of the forest. ”How fitting,” he thought bitterly, picking up a trot to out-pace Lilliana - who was now obviously pregnant in a way Yanhua couldn’t pretend to ignore, “another stronger, faster idiot to remind me why trusting anyone at all is a mistake.”

“You have some fucking nerve.” The playful stallion from Icicle Isle was gone, replaced with a tall and lean horse whose curved horns cast long, dangerous shadows over his back when he stopped to face down the dragon.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

@[lilliana] wow he is... angry. Let me know if I need to change anything, lol.

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:14 AM