• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  seeking no secrets

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

The Tundra was usually a pathetic bunch of nobodies, honestly. But they did try. She might not have liked the Amazons, but she could respect them. Not everything needed to be inclusive, and sometimes it does not hurt to tear the world apart a bit by caring for something specific.

She laughs at his statement though. ”To be the Sisterhood and the Brotherhood combined sounds like you are the Dale, or the Falls. Or perhaps if you slant a little nicer the Deserts and the Gates. If a bit more evil, then the Chamber or the Valley. Do you see the problem?” She saw the problem, but the solution was murky. He could dig, but she wasn’t sure she had the exact answer. Old fashioned though she was in many ways, she was hardly fool enough to believe that the world necessarily should continue in the exact vein it once had. ”At the very core of this place, what is it that makes it different from all the rest? Can you say, truly?”

He continues, and she nods slightly, not entirely swayed by this argument, but of course she does not mind when things are torn apart. ”The old divisions could have done so as well. Not all my children turned out like me, and some would have been happier in other lands. One was not like me but stayed anyway, choosing family over preference. Who is to say an elemental could not live with the dragons? A disadvantage for them, but lines have always been a bit blurry.” Not that she’s necessarily sold on this particular division of Beqanna either. That is the problem here, for this is no perfect division. Yet somehow Beqanna feels as if...as if it lacking something fundamental. What is the purpose of this place if there is little to care for but dead lands?

”I do admit I miss the far more wondrous lands of old Beqanna. Your Isle is about as exciting and varied as the landscape gets, which does seem rather a shame. Pretty lands, yes, but lacking…something.”

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Leilan]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-15-2020, 05:07 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-16-2020, 11:15 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-21-2020, 07:14 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Leilan - 09-25-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: seeking no secrets - by Straia - 10-16-2020, 08:31 AM