• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans
    MALONE
    kill me softly, your hold on me is somethin' i can't explain.
    His immortality keeps him whole, keeps the bleeding from becoming too great. Malone stumbles up onto his hooves when he catches sight of his mother and he turns to watch her approach the monster. He opens his mouth to call her, but he can see that there is no stopping her. Her thoughts are wave upon wave of fury and wrath. It makes his head pound as he tries to block them out along with all the others.

When he looks back to the gathering figures, he sees a patch of dragon scales erupt from Ghaul’s skin. He howls in pain and turns to face her, though he’s already stumbling from the venom coursing through his veins. Fire licks across the raw skin each time Starsin explodes another section of his precious armor. How strange, to watch a dragon burn with his own fire. But the flames spew out from beneath every shattered inch until he is engulfed by them.

The angry red skin blisters and chars right before Malone's eyes until the entire body reminds him of lava from the Tephran volcano. Had his father screamed like this when he returned from there? He shivers as he watches the horns crumble from the dragon's face, leaving holes where eyes should've been. Ghaul turns his great head and Malone finds himself staring into those pits for far longer than he would like.

Ghaul tries to breathe a final flame at Starsin but there is only another shriek of agony instead. The venom locks up his muscles until he can only collapse to the ground, where the burning grasses join the fire already consuming him. Ghaul’s screams of terror and suffering fill Malone’s ears as he limps closer to Starsin. Slowly, the swan song comes to an end, and the charred remains become little more than a corpse.

Take me home,” he whispers as he leans against her. He casts only a brief glance to the serpentine creature who smiles with the fire reflected in his sage green eyes.
    tl;dr: Starsin exploded Ghaul's scales so he was no longer fire proof, so he burned to death and couldn't move because of neurotoxin. Malone is TRAUMATIZED AS HELL.

Messages In This Thread
    i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by ghaul - 09-10-2020, 09:21 PM
    RE: i'm on the edge of a knife; pangeans - by Malone - 09-13-2020, 10:28 PM