• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I made a quiz instead of doing anything useful
    What’s your name (real/OOC)?
    August/Cassi

How old are you?
    Thirty two...

Where are you from?
    Memphis, Tennessee, where I still am!

What do you do for work?
    I do program evaluation for the outreach division of a children's hospital - part data analysis, part report writing, part IT, part figuring out how much of my job I can make Excel do, part nagging people...
    I also taught krav maga and kickboxing and then COVID was like nah bro

Do you like it?
    I do! My boss and coworkers are awesome, it's stressful at times but not awful, and most of the work is engaging.

How many pets do you have?
    One horse, Bridgette, and one dog, Rigby.

KIDS???
    NOPE

Read any good books in 2020?
    I have read 62 books in 2020 so far...here are my top 6 (in no particular order)
    - The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher
    - In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
    - Ashlords by Scott Reintgen
    - The Clocktaur Wars duology by T. Kingfisher
    - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
    - Paladin's Grace by T. Kingfisher
    (Sarah is right by the way, T. Kingfisher is amazing and y'all are sleeping on her!!)

What’s your favorite book?
    I have a hundred thousand favorite books but to name a few (and not including the 2020 reads):
    Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
    Dark Tower series by Stephen King
    Lisey's Story by Stephen King
    Into Thin Air by John Krakuar
    Nyxia series by Scott Reintgen
    Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
    The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
    Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
    The Martian by Andy Weir
    The Last One by Alexandra Olivia
    The Gold Seer trilogy by Rae Carson

Favorite movie?
    Uhh like a bunch of old school Disney movies, Brokeback Mountain, Us, Wonder Woman, Talladega Nights, I don't know I don't watch movies

Favorite TV series?
    Hannibal, Wentworth, Strangers with Candy, Parks and Rec, The Good Place, Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, the Office, 30 Rock, a bunch of others I'm forgetting

Favorite song/artist/band?
    My all time favorite song is probably Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull but my current favorite song is Chairkickers by Brown Bird.
    Favorite artist is Amanda Palmer, who I met once, and she hugged me when I was VERY drunk.
    Favorite band is a bunch including Brown Bird, Amigo the Devil, Jehtro Tull, the Decemberists, the Killers, whatever Spotify tells me to like.

What are your hobbies besides writing?
    I ride horses. I do krav maga, or used to before COVID decided to fuck with that. Ditto for traveling. I read a lot.

If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
    Ultimate dream vacation is to go to Nepal and hike to Everest Base Camp.

What is one positive thing that has happened so far for you in 2020 (you might have to dig real deep for this)?
    - COVID forced my semi-old fashioned workplace to embrace working at home, which I have THRIVED in (also: I can do midday breeding stats and get paid). In all seriousness, I have LOVED working from home to the point where I am praying they'll let me stay mostly this way (my job is very easy to do remotely and my performance has, if anything, improved). I am calmer and my dog is happier and I'm getting more exercise.
    - My fiance built raised beds and we planted tomatoes and they are thriving so every day I get to pick cherry tomatoes and eat them (tomatoes are one of my favorite foods ever).
    - Since I can't go to krav I've been doing workout videos and my cardio and tone has actually improved.
    - This hasn't happened yet but Drew and I will be getting married on Halloween in a very small family-only deal at the barn Big Grin

How long have you been writing fake ponies?
    I think since 2001?

How long have you been writing fake ponies on Beqanna?
    2002 maybe? It all blends together.

What was the name of your first ever fake horse?
    Bridgette...I was creative.

What about the first fake horse you played on Beqanna?
    I THINK it was Que sera sera, or "Sera" for short. I named her after the dog in a For Better, For Worse comic because I thought the name sounded deep.

Who is your favorite character that you’ve ever played?
    I don't know!! Carnage is Iconic but not always actually fun, I love Cordis, Craft was a blast in her heyday, Garbage...

Who is currently your favorite mare that you play?
    I don't know my girls haven't been as inspiring lately. I still love Violence even though she doesn't click with very many people!

Who is currently your favorite stallion that you play?
    Sleaze is in two dope threads right now so that's fun.

Who would you like to write with that you don’t usually write with?
    Everyone. Please write to me but know I am Very Slow.

What do you like most about your own writing/characters?
    I think many of my characters have had really...full arcs. Especially Cancer, Cordis, Craft, Garbage. I also think sometimes my writing is pretty even if the words I write don't mean anything.

What is one of your favorite personal plots/threads?
    Currently I love Garbage and Agetta's relationship. All time...EVERY thread with Cordis and Spyndle ever, Elite's murder pit that summoned Carnage, every Carnage quest especially the afterlife-creation quest, every Carnage/Ryatah thread, the toybox quest that broke Sleaze's stupid brain, the Craft/Anatomy story, Chantale/Yael/Vanquish's plot...

What’s your favorite trait that you have played?
    ...god magic...

What trait would you LIKE to play someday?
    double god magic

Is there anyone that you wish would come back to the game?
    NEV, Mat, Mkali, Sarah (the other one), Amandalynn...basically almost everyone who's ever left

Show me a funny meme or gif.
    no...

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I made a quiz instead of doing anything useful - by Cassi - 09-11-2020, 02:10 PM