• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let me hear you say you want it all; Beryl

If there is just one redeeming quality Cassian could claim, it is his ability to forgive. Or perhaps more accurately, his insistence at seeing the good in others. Because in this moment, he finds nothing that needs forgiveness, and certainly nothing that requires an apology. It’s probably strange, the way he views the world - the way he views others. But for all his many flaws and reckless foibles, he has never held hate in his heart.

It is difficult for him to find seriousness in any situation, even this one. But the way her expression shifts, her entire demeanor nearly turning in on itself, brings a sense of gravity he rarely feels. An overwhelming part of him is suddenly struck by the urge to hug her. So much so that, even in his position on his ground, he tries to wriggle closer. Close enough that, if he stretches just a bit, he can rest his chin on her knee, brown eyes genuinely guileless as he peers up at her.

By now he has entirely forgotten the blood drying on his nose or the threat she’d been just moments earlier. He sees only someone who very much needs a friend right now.

He thinks for a moment about her question before answering, “She’s great.” A soft smile unconsciously begins to curve his lips, gaze going distant as he remembers his childhood. Or rather, childhoods. “She always sighed a lot when I used to get burrs in my hair, but she’d always pick them out for me.” He laughs then, though it sounds a bit strange with his neck stretched as it is. “My sister Casi used to make fun of me for it. Mom would just give her a look.” His grin widens. “It was the best look.”

Cassian

@[Beryl]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let me hear you say you want it all; Beryl - by Cassian - 03-02-2021, 10:26 AM