• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let me hear you say you want it all; Beryl

He remains oblivious to the shame in her eyes as he stares up at the canopy above him in faint wonder. How long has it been since he last paused to admire the leaves? Ok, well, not actually that long. He’d been doing just that before she barreled right into him. But still, seems like forever ago.

But perhaps one of the best things about Cassian is that he could never hold onto a grudge. Couldn’t even seem to be moved to anger all that often, if we’re being honest. Even now, just moments after she’d tried to eat his nose, he holds no blame or ill will towards her. In fact, he’d be hard pressed to believe she actually meant to do it. After all, if she had, he would certainly be dead.

And when he finally does manage to shuffle into a more sternal position, the guilt on her features ensures he would never believe it.

He doesn’t notice the blood dripping down his nose as he blinks at her, the words she is speaking not registering until moments later. He frowns briefly before releasing an amused snort (though the pain caused by the rapidly expelled air reminds him that maybe he should refrain from that for a bit. If he could remember to, that is). In a bit of a prodding tone, he replies, “Why should I have to leave?” His lips twitch as he fights a smile that wants to sneak onto them. “I was here first.”

It doesn’t take long for him to lose the battle to the rising grin, though it quickly turns a bit chagrined. “Besides, I’m not quite sure I’m ready to tell Mom why she has to heal me,” he sighs, an expression of contrived despondency crossing his features, “again.”

Cassian

@[Beryl]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let me hear you say you want it all; Beryl - by Cassian - 01-25-2021, 12:50 PM