• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  that's my cross to bear

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

The burden of so much pain should never be borne alone, Eyas thinks. It should be distributed if possible, carried by those who love the broken party and wish only to see some semblance of freedom and lightness return to their hearts. Eyas, though she doesn’t know Elio as she should, knows that she loves Elio enough not to look past the way he scoffs at the word ‘Home’. Yes; they’ve been displaced from so many lands that could’ve been just that, and she doesn’t begrudge his casual indifference toward the word itself, but need it always be that way? Must he suffer so, forever?

The comforting pressure of his bent cheek is enough to give Eyas hope for the opposite, and she smiled into his skin when he glossed over his problems nearly as well as she did her own. They were siblings, were they not? Alike in mannerisms even if the years and circumstances have divided us, Eyas mused silently to herself, withdrawing from her brother’s side for the sake of his well-being and her own. She, too, did not like the feeling of touching or being touched, but had considered it might help given their current situation. Even a cold hermit needs the occasional enjoyment of creature comforts.

“Gale and I have founded a home of sorts, yes.” She’s glad he asked, and the accompanying smile that followed her answer was as warm as Islandre’s black-sand beaches during the summer months. “Island Resort - well, Islandres now, thanks to Gale.” She chuckled prettily at the back of her throat. “He’s really taken the whole leadership thing to wing. I just sit back and watch.

Mhhm, she smirked behind dark lips. Sometimes Eyas could make herself laugh.

“You should visit, brother. See what Gale’s done to the place, maybe vacation there for a month or two.” The little pegasus mare suggested, though she wanted to tack on ‘stay forever’ at the end. “In the middle of the ocean, no one cares who you are or where you’ve been. The isolation is… refreshing.” Eyas explained.

EYAS

@[elio] this thread is like a warm coffee on a slow morning for me: just damn good
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    that's my cross to bear - by elio - 09-06-2020, 11:24 PM
    RE: that's my cross to bear - by Eyas - 09-09-2020, 01:59 PM
    RE: that's my cross to bear - by elio - 09-20-2020, 06:19 PM
    RE: that's my cross to bear - by Eyas - 09-29-2020, 08:34 PM
    RE: that's my cross to bear - by elio - 10-07-2020, 12:28 PM
    RE: that's my cross to bear - by Eyas - 10-11-2020, 09:23 PM
    RE: that's my cross to bear - by elio - 10-25-2020, 12:45 AM