• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

god make me pay like the devil i am; dark
    it was a blood-soaked feast
    that never ceased
    His grip tightens, that once delicate trace of her slender bones now becoming more forceful and strong. There is fear in her eyes (but not nearly enough) and with every second that passes he continues the trickle of water up her legs, encasing her. But even then, the fear in her eyes does not grow - instead, curiosity begins to blossom, sweet and gentle. He scoffs with a little shake of his head (disbelief, for such a fragile thing to be so bold in the heat of danger). “It’s as if you came into these woods for the purpose of dying.” It amuses him, despite the anger that had flushed across his face just moments before.

But it is back again in the briefest of breaths, hardening the planes of his face like a shadow. The intimacy she draws from his touch infuriates him, as if she were privy to such an exposed part of him. Maugrim’s face twists terribly as well as the darkest parts of his heart, confusion and bewilderment now blending with his rage. With a speed that is powered by his fury, the water encasing her right leg shoots upwards, splintering across her chest and racing to the curve of her throat, forcing her to look up at him. Meeting her gaze from beneath a furrowed brow, he holds her head tightly as his dark eyes stare furiously into hers. “You are a foolish girl,” he spits breathlessly.

He doesn’t answer her question and perhaps it is because speaking of it would only confirm her what she already had guessed. Yes, it is why he kills in the first place - forcing himself onto others who would never have touched him otherwise, gaining closeness and intimacy through the water in the only way he knew how. He instead shows this to her, all color and skin and blood draining from his form as he becomes completely liquified - an extension of the water itself.

Yet, even with all that rage, he still holds onto her.

And then she slips from him, shimmering into nothingness. He does not try to hide the surprise in his eyes as his pupils widen, darting back and forth as his liquid shape returns solid. The weight of the water that still imprisons her brings a silhouette for Maugrim to see, but all other shape is gone. Her invisibility slackens his force on her, but as she speaks again and attempts to move, the water snaps back into place, keeping her from touching it with her lips.

“It doesn’t matter, real or imaginary - you won’t escape me.” Maugrim tightens his grip around her throat, a morbid promise in his touch. “Do you really think there is a chance of you winning this game?”
    m a u g r i m.

@dark

Messages In This Thread
    RE: god make me pay like the devil i am; dark - by Maugrim - 06-09-2021, 12:14 PM