• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

god make me pay like the devil i am; dark
    Dark
    He laughs, and though the sound is strange and suspicious and makes her feel like he knows the truth of secrets she cannot possibly even fathom, she finds the sound of it makes her smile. It is soft though, a subtle tug at the corners of an impossibly delicate mouth, and she ducks her head slightly to hide it from him, though she is not entirely sure why. Maybe it is the hunger in his eyes that gives her doubts. “And are you the abyss?” She wonders, perhaps too boldly considering she is almost entirely at the mercy of someone who can command water like this man can. “I hope you won’t be too disappointed to know that I have never been good at fawning. Perhaps you can show me how it’s done?”

Her eyes are shining when he speaks again, dark and vast as a midnight sky, though there is not a hint of blue to be found there. Just a brown so dark it might be black. Like her father. “You would have so many questions too, if you were to meet yourself for the first time.” A perfect mix of sincerity and flattery, and she takes a few curious steps closer to him. “I don’t even know if you’re real or not, or if you exist solely in my imagination.” She tips her head again, studying him as that same thoughtful frown slides over her delicate mouth.

Then the water moves again as though it is something alive - and she doesn’t doubt that, through him, it is. It swells like a tide and when she tears her eyes from him to watch it creep closer, she finds she is unsettled by it. Fear rises in her, quietly at first, but then thicker in her chest when he makes no effort to hold it back from her. Her skin swims with light, her armor wakening in full force, dancing across the blue of her mottled skin in spinning constellations. “Will you drown me then?” She wonders, and it feels suddenly too surreal to be as terrifying as it sounds. “I never learned how to swim, so I imagine it will be a rather easy thing for you to do.”

She closes the distance between them, moving further into the water rather than away, because she is not naive enough to think he would not simply take her from the shore again if she thought herself clever enough to outrun him. “I am almost certainly both.” She says, and there is no shame in her voice when she says so. She wants to touch him, see if he is solid and warm beneath her lips, or if he is little more than the way mist is when it hangs heavy over a pond. “I wanted to know him.” She says, and he voice is quieter now, soft with something suspiciously weary - a weight too heavy for her to carry alone. “Now though, I think I’d rather get to know you.”

She reaches for him, but only her breath touches his face, clouding sweet and warm and so gentle. “Unless you plan to drown me. Then I suppose I would like a swimming lesson first.” Light shines from the depths of those gloriously dark eyes.
    The heaviness that I hold in my heart belongs to gravity.
    Dovev x Luster

@[Maugrim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: god make me pay like the devil i am; dark - by dark - 01-25-2021, 06:24 PM