• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Follow The Stars [Any]
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

The boy seems friendly, which knowing Aedan comes as no surprise. Gale knows that children inherit qualities from their parents (he has his father’s mane and mother’s wings, after all), but it is somehow strange to see bits of his star-friend looking up at him from the face of a near stranger.

Well, less a stranger now, as the boy introduces himself.

“Well, Bran. I’ve been here quite a while.” He looks back over his shoulder, toward the center island and his nest of fallen leaves. How many winters has he rested there now, he thinks, hiding from the grey and rainy weather?

“Almost seven years, I think.” The brindle stallion nods as he says this, confirming it to himself. Yes, seven years since Ruinam first told him of this place, which means four years since he’s been the one responsible for the island’s well-being. He’s been Chief longer than he’d lived here as a resident, and the realization is somewhat of a sobering one.

Yet he is still smiling as he looks down at the blue colt, his large white patches reminding Gale of the clouds overhead.

“You out exploring today, then? Found anything cool?”

@[Bran]

Messages In This Thread
    Follow The Stars [Any] - by Bran - 08-25-2020, 09:28 AM
    RE: Follow The Stars [Any] - by Gale - 10-26-2020, 07:18 PM
    RE: Follow The Stars [Any] - by Bran - 10-26-2020, 08:23 PM
    RE: Follow The Stars [Any] - by Gale - 10-27-2020, 07:02 AM