• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but devil, that won't be me

She shivers beneath his scrutiny, almost forgetting for a moment that she had been asked a question. Almost forgetting what they had even been discussing. She is far too naive to comprehend her own naivete, but to any observer, it would no doubt be painfully obvious that she lacked any sort of worldliness.

It had been entirely luck then that she had found someone kind rather than someone who would seek to take advantage of such a thing.

“Uh, yes,” she replies when she finally remembers he had asked a question. Whatever disappointment she felt at his withdrawal however is quickly replaced by delighted curiosity. It doesn’t occur to her how awfully good-natured of it is of him to humor her childish whimsy. But then, why would it? She’d never actually known anything less.

She giggles as she imagines him perching on some tree-limb, shaking snow onto unsuspecting passers-by. The amusement is as much from imagining him somehow perching on a thin, spindly branch as it is from imagining the dismay of someone being doused by wet and cold. “That sounds fun!” she exclaims between giggles before adding a bit plaintively, “It makes me wish we had real snow in Tephra.”

The offer that he makes next, however, causes her green eyes to brighten as her head lifts abruptly with excitement. “Would you really bring me there?” she asks on an almost breathless rush. “I’ve never been anywhere but Tephra.”

Azure

you take the shape of everything I'm drawn to

@[Malone]

Messages In This Thread
    but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 08-24-2020, 04:50 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Malone - 09-12-2020, 08:22 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 10-05-2020, 12:26 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Malone - 10-06-2020, 10:07 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 10-14-2020, 10:19 AM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Malone - 10-26-2020, 06:56 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 11-18-2020, 10:15 AM