• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i took a calculated risk; straia

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

”A sentiment I am familiar with,” she says with a chuckle. Sochi would fare just fine, though still, the timing was not ideal. Perhaps Straia would seek out her daughter...that seemed to be all Straia was doing lately. Perhaps it was time she stopped looking for puppets and got more involved on her own again, though it might have been fun to play puppet master. The problem was, those she would be most interested in were never the type to make good puppets. After all, she’d be disappointed if they were.

Her grin spreads slightly at the invitation. ”You know,” she muses, not entirely answering directly, as is often her way, ”fire is so often misunderstood.” The ocean beside them bursts into flame, rolling blue waves of it that lap at their feet without burning. ”It does not destroy, as people think. It purifies. And this version of Beqanna...it needs purification.” The flames disappear, though her grin remains, and it seems like maybe she is accepting his invitation as well.

”What do you believe is the proper form for Beqanna?” she asks, curious what he imagines. This is really the crux of the matter, because this is not Beqanna as it should be. It feels lifeless and dead in so many ways, and though she knows she cannot return magic to the world as it once had been, perhaps they could reshape it together into something more akin to the Beqanna it should be. The Chamber was gone, but perhaps its legacy was not.

-- straia

the raven queen

@[ghaul]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    i took a calculated risk; straia - by ghaul - 08-23-2020, 08:46 PM
    RE: i took a calculated risk; straia - by Straia - 08-24-2020, 09:43 AM
    RE: i took a calculated risk; straia - by ghaul - 08-24-2020, 11:27 PM
    RE: i took a calculated risk; straia - by Straia - 08-25-2020, 10:18 AM