• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I will commit my soul to your door tonight; beth

I will commit my soul to your door tonight, and I'll last 'til the gas fumes float on higher

She comes home, although she barely remembers how.

Her scaled sides are split by his talons, her neck bloodied. She feels the dried blood running down her, as though it means to encase her, entomb her, but the only thing that she truly feels is the hollow mix of rage and despair that creeps through her—that threatens to pull her under. She wanders mindlessly through the different lands until she finally arrives to the Taigan forest, but even then, she feels no relief.

All she can remember is the look on his face when he saw her.

When she had felt paralyzed beneath him, his teeth sinking into her neck.

She swallows hard and it comes out as a dry sob, her entire body nearly convulsing with the disgust and the fear and the mind-numbing agony that overwhelms her. She could go to her mother, she thinks, but she has no desire to intrude upon the sanctity and peace of her parent’s home—not like this. She could go to her sister, but her sister has no desire to see her; just as her daughter would rather avoid her.

She could find Beth, but she doesn’t want him to see her like this.

So instead she stands, blinking slowly into the trees, as the tears begin to make their way slowly down her cheeks, falling to the ground as the blood slowly drips down alongside of it. The darkness will come, she knows, as the shadows grow long and the sun begins to die away. The darkness will come.

in a dying love I'm nothing but a stone cold liar but, oh, I got an iron in that fire

Adna

Messages In This Thread
    I will commit my soul to your door tonight; beth - by adna - 08-23-2020, 04:28 PM