• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I don't mind you under my skin.
    Her brow furrows when the thoughts of Varick are picked apart and discarded by his magic. A flick of his wrist, and the fresh bud of her new emotions are misplaced. It feels much like walking into a room and forgetting why she'd come here in the first place. Her hatred always come running home any time it gets cast out from her, though, and it shows in the way she scowls at him.

She hates how content he looks at having her touch him, any part of him, colliding with any part of her. How dare he ever make her regret an act of violence against him. Her satisfaction at having a mouthful of his skin is already swept away in the breeze as she shifts her weight. Sabbath almost wishes he would bite back just to replace her disappointment with something else. But he never gives her anything she wants from him, and instead dismisses her words.

"I could tear you apart, if you'd like. The night is young and I've nothing but time," she offers, grinning with all her pointed teeth still stained the color of his blood. There is a glimpse of happiness for her then, imagining the wild birds picking at his bones here on the jungle floor. Sabbath even finds the breath to laugh softly before his question destroys her smile. What happened to her? She wonders if he actually wants to hear.

"Everyone left. Some of them came back," she explains with a shrug. She keeps all her hurt bottled up and tucked away, safe from prying eyes or prodding questions. And besides, what would he do if he saw the bruises he'd left behind? Even Eight's magic could never repair the pieces of her that had broken when she watched the ligt fade from her child's eyes. Sabbath takes a step back, worried he'll just slide his fingers through her memory and see the aching empty in her. So she changes the subject.

"What about you? What happened?"
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Eight]

Messages In This Thread
    I don't mind you under my skin. - by Eight - 08-22-2020, 10:10 PM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Sabbath - 08-22-2020, 10:38 PM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Eight - 08-22-2020, 11:10 PM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Sabbath - 08-22-2020, 11:32 PM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Eight - 08-24-2020, 12:10 AM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Sabbath - 08-24-2020, 12:41 AM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Eight - 08-26-2020, 12:15 AM
    RE: I don't mind you under my skin. - by Sabbath - 08-26-2020, 06:28 PM