• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

It’s easy, and beautiful, and there is poetry in such things, he thinks.

Poetry in being with his mate as they explore their new home. As their children grow and more come to walk alongside them. It is the poetry of the tide that comes and goes—the poetry of happiness that rises like the sun each morning, casting the world in its warmth, in the golden glow of its light.

He basks in it.

Takes each and every precious moment given to him.

There is a sigh as they come to stand near the pool, listening to the crash and roar of the waterfall as it plunges into the endless depth of the jewel-bright water. He stretches in contentedness as Pteron rests his chin on him, as they curl against one another, languid in the moment, in the electricity that crackles.

“I think it is nearly the most perfect thing that I have ever seen,” he says with a lazy smile, closing his eyes as he shifts to settle into a more comfortable position. With eyes closed, he tries to remember every detail of the moment, as though he could paint it for himself later—committing each bit to memory.

“Do you remember the first time we met?”

He casts a quick illusion around them of the Cove, letting it weakly take hold of the landscape around them before it fades to the tropical paradise that is now their home.

“I think of such times often.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean - by aegean - 11-23-2020, 12:49 AM