• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

There is something beautiful about walking this rope of tension and ease. The dreamlike simplicity of walking alongside Pteron’s side and knowing the security in that. There is something to loving the freedom of the stallion—loving the way that he flutters to and fro, knowing that his heart was a multi-layered thing. It is enough to be cast in the warmth of it on such days, to bask in the glow of him as he hears about his day and they discuss their children. As they look to the next day and the next.

“You are welcome to ask,” he answers with a hint of a smile, his purple eyes sliding to the side.

There is a soft laugh that pulls at the corners of his mouth.

“Although I do not think that Aureus has much of a warrior’s heart.”

He does not mean it as an insult so much as a nod to the gentle nature of their son. Aureus took as much after him as he did Pteron, but the boy was a dream more than a fighter. He was somber and stalwart, but only because he was trapped within the inquisitive nature of his mind. He preferred his nightly conversations with the star that followed along his hip than any battle on the horizon.

Still, he rolls his shoulder. His children have surprised him before.

And then there is the tension that comes along on the heels of the ease. The quickening of blood under the surface as Pteron pushes his hair back, the touch an electrifying jolt that turns his sleepy smile into something just a little more. He studies the stallion for a moment longer before he angles his head to the side, tipping it gently as he listens for the roar that builds in the background in the distance.

“Just barely,” he admits. “But I imagine that it is close.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean - by aegean - 10-09-2020, 01:17 AM