• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i blossom in the moonlight; set
    Sabbath is beginning to learn that nothing good ever comes from the water. She finds herself wondering over this lesson as she watches Set wade through the river and closer to her. Oh, but he’s careful not to come straight to her. She keeps her bright green gaze trained on him just the same. His wide grin does nothing to put her mind at ease or inspire thoughts of friendliness toward him.

He fancies himself attractive and she wonders if he is. Would her sisters fawn over him if she brought him home to the jungle to show off like some prize? Perhaps, she supposes, but her mind dwells little on thoughts of love and attraction. But there is a question presented to her and she thinks on it for a while. No one came to visit Tephra who did not have business there, and certainly no hellhounds. She’s only ever heard tales of those.

No, no one’s come to darken my doorway like that,” she says as she observes him for a while longer. “Why are you hunting someone like that?

She takes a step back to afford more space between them. It makes her uneasy to be too close to someone she doesn’t know well, especially outside of her home. At least there she knows what faces to expect, unless a troublesome magician comes tugging her strings like an awful marionette.

And what’s your name, if I should run into your creature or your hellhound?
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Set]

Messages In This Thread
    i blossom in the moonlight; set - by Sabbath - 08-22-2020, 05:52 PM
    RE: i blossom in the moonlight; set - by Set - 08-24-2020, 12:44 AM
    RE: i blossom in the moonlight; set - by Sabbath - 08-26-2020, 08:43 PM