• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  It gets inside you, and starts to fill you up; Nashua

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

He grins at the mention of warmth (and it’s his mother’s smile - bold, full of daring). "Don’t tell me you scared them all,” Nashua laughs. But the chestnut nods briefly, still smiling and states, "considering I’m not immortal, I’d like to keep my head.” Nash has no intention of losing it, even if he can be a bit hot-headed (and blooded) at times.

There is a moment of quiet that follows, after Nashua talks about past adventures with his brother Yanhua and meeting the other, Gale. He wants to be of more use for the Isle. It is rebuilding, it is growing and it is changing; it’s exhilarating to be apart of it, especially for one so young as Nash.

His spirit sinks a little. He knew, of course, that those places might be off-limits to him. Pangea especially. They had held a Taigan leader - his dam - a prisoner there for almost a year. A year of his and Yanhua’s youth that they would never get back. No good could come from the son of that prisoner wandering the borders of the wasteland. Even if the Isle needed the information.

And then there is something in him that makes his usually gallant expression give way. Was Leilan concerned for him? He assumed that the Freyr did. He knew that the Dragon King wasn’t unfeeling. It’s just the hesitation caught Nash off-guard and he blinked with the realization, unsure of what to do with it.

Nashua dips his head respectfully to Leilan, acknowledging what the roan stallion was saying. (He talks of Magicians and dragons… there have been no rumors about the fire-breathers in Loess for some time. Pangea might be off-limits but Loess? Perhaps. Even if a part of Nash cautions himself against going to the Southern kingdom, his curiosity with the realm briefly overrules his hesitation.)

Despite his wandering ways, he also wants to be of use to @[Leilan]. Maybe the ties he makes with the outside kingdoms could be of use to the Dragon King. "Is there somewhere you would have me go?”

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It gets inside you, and starts to fill you up; Nashua - by Nashua - 09-16-2020, 03:40 PM