• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  loneliness has always been with me, any

ridiculous

do you think I’m funny?

He was genuinely enjoying the wild roller coaster of a ride that this conversation and overall interaction had taken him on. Astra seemed so nice and kind and approving that it was hard to find any reason to dislike the little filly. When she compliments him on his dancing, he can’t help but dance even more, lifting his legs as rhythmically as he could, though this is Ridiculous, so it isn’t very rhythmic. He almost trips again, several times, in fact, especially as he responds to her. “That is very true! I do love to dance, it makes me happy, and I can imagine it’s fun to watch. I’ll believe you, since you say so!” It makes him happy to know that she enjoyed watching him dance.

The way she reacted to him carefully watching her was sweet. It made him think that she was still somewhat shy, though she needn’t be, not with how ridiculous Ridiculous is. After all, he’d made a fool of himself already three or four times. He can’t even remember how many times it had been, he’d done it so often!

If he had known the reservations she had about her personality, he might have told her otherwise. He didn’t think there was anything wrong with her personality. She was sweet and kind and generous and positively awesome, at least in Ridiculous’s eyes. She was about to prove that point, though, as her expression brightens at his question.

It was not the answer the colt had been expecting, but it’s magic! The thought reminded him of his mother, and he wondered if she, too, was colored by magic. But then Astra did a nifty little trick. She looked down to his chest and suddenly, her coat was shifting, changing. His jaw fell slack as her coat changed from that starry night sky to the same color as himself. Shocked, he looks down at himself, then back up at her, then back to himself, then back to her once more. “Cool?!?” he exclaims vibrantly, “No, that’s freaking amazing! Wow! Now that’s a nifty trick! How did you do that? Can anyone with magic do that? Is that why so many horses here are so brilliantly colored? I wonder if I could do that?”

As if in response to his own questions, he looks down at her and concentrates on the color. When he looks up, he grins broadly!  “I can do it, too! I changed my color to match yours!” He laughs heartily, expressing that the sentiment was just a joke.

@[Astra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: loneliness has always been with me, any - by Ridiculous - 10-22-2020, 07:03 PM