• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  they all go into the dark, round III [MATURE]
    If one of them disappears during the journey, Frenzy doesn’t notice. She’s fighting too hard with the buzzing all around her - in her head, in her mouth, in her <i>bones</i> - to notice anything else, especially not the fog dissipating to show them strung along the edge of a cliff. Her eyes are squeezed too tightly to see them, even as she murmurs expletives under her breath and tries to drown out the buzzing by alternating between humming and weeping.

Nothing makes it fade away.
    Even when Carnage’s voice echoes deep within her head, the dreadful buzzing nearly devours the words whole. <i>There,</i> he tells her, and she cracks her eyes open, trembling as she realizes how close she had come to tumbling over the edge of the precipice. <i>Through there,</i> he continues, and Frenzy’s honeyed eyes fall on the growing spot below her. It shimmers slightly, and has begun growing rapidly. She can feel the ground beneath her crumpled body beginning to shake, but maybe that’s just her fear, causing her to convulse.

She forces herself to her hooves as the buzzing and the shaking overwhelm her senses, eyes rolling back to show the whites as she backs away from the edge of the cliff. “No!” she cries, tears flooding her cheeks as the ground beneath her feet begins to give way. Thinking that maybe she can outrun the collapsing earth, she spins around and begins to flee, only to suddenly find herself falling.

Some of them had undoubtedly been fearless, throwing themselves off of the cliff without a second thought. Frenzy… Frenzy is too full of fear, too overwhelmed, and so the mirage takes her instead, and what it takes from her she may not survive.

The fall itself is painless, but that is not what she’s afraid of now. She doesn’t know if there’s a way to die once you are already dead, but it appears she’s going to soon find out. The shimmer swallows her whole as if it is a mouth and the world is plunged into blackness - but the buzzing is gone. She wonders how long she will fall for; is eternity too cliche of a word here?

The galaxy-marked filly can feel something - <i>everything</i> - being stripped away from her as she falls, but it is too soon to take stock of herself. It is only when she finds her hooves once more on some semblance of solid ground that she realizes that the shimmer stole her hearing, or perhaps it is just ironically silent here. Too terrified to make a peep herself she scans the horizon, noticing the movement in the distance but not quite willing to explore just yet. This world that she has fallen into is strangely distorted somehow, though she can’t quite put her finger on it; it’s just <i>wrong</i>.

It appears the shimmer took something else from her, as well - a sudden pain rips through the girl and she falls to her knees, letting out a cry that she cannot hear. Blood drips down her hind legs and her body feels so, <i>so</i> shredded, as if a beast had reached up inside of her and clawed out her womb. Trying hard to stifle her sobs - this is an alien world, after all, and who knows what monsters are listening - she forces herself to stand again, knowing that whatever happens, this place has permanently ruined her.

ooc // the door took her womb and tore up that part of her inner abdomen while doing so

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they all go into the dark, round III [MATURE] - by frenzy - 08-23-2020, 09:59 PM