• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on my tallest tiptoes
    It's funny that Beyza feels as if she doesn't belong. It's not as if Aela doesn't feel accepted - she has been adored by her mother, Kota. She has been loved and nurtured and there is no shadow of doubt anywhere in her upbringing that makes her think to otherwise (if anything, it has made the golden girl a little too sure of herself). Aela knows that she will always belong beside Kota and there will always be a space for her alongside her pale mother.

It's just that they never leave Taiga. Nobody leaves Taiga. In some unspoken proclamation, the Northerner's keep to themselves, and Aela has never understood why. There is a hunk of burnt rock in the ocean, more rocks in Nerine, and enough fog to stay perpetually lost in Taiga. She's heard the rumors and knows that they stay under the veil of Magic from Nerine because of monsters. But Aela has never seen one in the North. She has never even seen one in all her errant wanderings to the Common Lands.

Glancing up at the all-white @[Beyza], she certainly doesn't look like one.

Aela tilts her head slightly to the right, sweeping up the woman in her blue-eyed gaze. Where had all her color gone? she wonders. There is a practiced edge to the young mare as well because there is nothing that she can sense coming from her. It allows the yearling to draw closer and perhaps that makes her memories that much stronger, that much easier for Beyza to see. There is no explanation as to why nothing colors her and the only thing that is offered is a compliment. (It's one of the few times that Aela wishes she could speak, that she could tell the lovely thing in front her of that she is captivating).

What Beyza asks is easy enough to project back. There is a memory of spotted Kota smiling at her and saying her name Aela. There is another of gray Kensley who tries it out, who says it with something like wonder on his tongue as he looks down on her.

Her ears prick and it makes the filly curious. How will Beyza say her name?

AELA
    she had a marvelous time ruining everything
    html by castlegraphics; art by KHARTHIAN

Messages In This Thread
    on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-13-2020, 08:49 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 08-24-2020, 07:32 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-31-2020, 06:18 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-02-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-03-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-14-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-26-2020, 07:49 PM