• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, sabbath
    so make your siren's call and sing all you want, I will not hear what you have to say --
    He doesn’t know why he finds her anger endearing. He has no doubt that she would, in fact, kill him if given the chance. He thinks had it not been for his scales that she would have killed him already, and instead of feeling threatened by it, he is intrigued. She is different from the kelpies that he grew up with. She is a different kind of vicious – just as lethal, but the difference seemed that for the most part the kelpies killed and turned someone into a meal. He was nearly certain that she would kill him and just leave him to rot on the beach, his carcass picked apart by scavengers.

He had half a mind to let her, just to see if she’d actually try.

“Who says we have to be friends?” He says with another amused smile that reveals a glint of sharp teeth. “I promise, after tonight, you never have to see me again.” He then gives a rolling shrug of his golden shoulder, cocking his head as he adds a bit too casually, “I mean, unless you change your mind.” I could make you, he catches himself thinking before he can stop himself, and the thought is enough for the smile to falter just briefly from his face.

He hated realizing that he could not run from who – what – he was. He hated realizing that if it came down to it, he is almost certain he would hypnotize her into complaisance.

He clears his throat, straightening himself, watching her with his blue eyes as she steps closer. “I was born on an island off the coast of here,” he tells her as her fangs run across his back, the frost of his scales marred just slightly be her touch and by the warm breath that fans from her lips. “I’ve never really been to any of the mainlands,” he continues as her touch reaches his neck, and something dark and wanting starts to coil in his gut. “I just wanted to see what was here” He subdues the feeling for now, swallows it away and buries it into the far recesses of his mind. “So far, I have not been disappointed. Even if the welcoming committee isn't very welcoming,” accompanied by another careless grin.

He levels his calm gaze with hers as she draws closer to his face, after she has inspected nearly every scale, and he asks her in a tone that has dropped a pitch lower, “Did you find what you were looking for?”
    VARICK

@[Sabbath]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, sabbath - by Varick - 08-25-2020, 02:59 AM