• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, sabbath
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    Some people are able to distill their pain into something beautiful: a scarred fragility that survives in spite of the wars it has withstood. But Sabbath is not one of these creatures. She cut her teeth on agony, and it shows in the way she slinks along the shadows. The canopy overhead keeps the jungle darker than some areas but she sees just fine with help from the thick heat. Her forked tongue slips from her mouth and catches the scent of salt-water a little closer inland than normal.

Slowly, her head turns in his direction and she studies him from afar - scaled and sharp-toothed, like her. A monster, like her. Some primal rage festers in her gut and she stalks closer until a twig snaps beneath her hoof. Sabbath pauses only for a moment when he turns to face her. She does not cower, though, and instead rushes forward with her fangs bared. She will taste his throat and be rid of him before he makes it further into their home, she thinks.

But those frigid scales are harder than hers and she winces when her fangs are deflected. A dragon, then? Father had told her of the cousins to the east. She bristles at the thought and her scales raise in a primitive threat display as she steps back.

Why’ve you come from the sea? To sneak in where you were not invited?” she snaps, tail twitching irritably. Those sage green eyes remain trained on his just as her ears remain pinned back.
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, sabbath - by Sabbath - 08-11-2020, 09:50 PM