• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tired of nothing
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Though Gale has long been old enough to sire a child, and had even – once – harbored thoughts of a brood of his own with a silvery mare, in truth the idea still terrifies. So to have a shared concern so readily admitted, even by a stranger, is unexpectedly reassuring. Perhaps everyone finds the idea of parenthood a daunting one. An adventure, to be sure, but one that Gale is also glad that he has not yet taken. It would feel shallow to reassure Aedan that he will be a good parent (he hardy knows him yet, after all), so Gale says instead:

“Maybe the fear’ll keep you on your toes. Well, that and having a little one running around. I hear that’s stressful enough as is.” He hears from Eyas, who speaks infrequently of her swelling belly, but Gale doubts that Aeden or his pregnant wife share Eyas’ plans with the caregiving fae.

“This is a good place for children though,” He continues. “Lots of shallow ponds, and the riptides here are not so strong as Ischia.” The residents of Beqanna’s other tropical island are more like residents of it’s ocean, and they probably enjoy the very riptide that would spell devastation for a more terrestrial horse. “Good eating too,” he gestures to the lavender seagrass. “Don’t let the colors of the plants throw you off. I’ve tried most everything here, and the only thing I’d warn you away from are those red bananas.”

Gale points with one white wing to a bunch hanging in the distance. “They tasted okay but I kept seeing things following me and hearing sounds that were not there.” The former he was able to dismiss with his powers, but the second was a sure sign of something hallucinogenic in the fruit. He’s about to elaborate more, when Aedan asks about others.

“My sister Eyas lives here too,” Gale answers, “And Erne, but he is a bird, and turns out I’m the only one that can talk to him.” Referring to his companion animal is timed perfectly (or perhaps the osprey hears him), and the brown and white bird lets out a quiet chirr-up before falling silent with his golden eyes on Gale .

“So there is plenty of room for you and your family! You’ve got the pick of places on the island. My own nest is on the southernmost peninsula of the inner island.” Again he points with his wing, a common habit. The motion reminds him that his companion is without wings, which Gale decides must be quite a limitation when it comes to finding your way about in new places.

“I think I could give you a view of the island, if you’d be okay with that? I could show you what it looks like from above, so you’d have a better idea of where everything is?” The brindle stallion is eager, but tries his best to not be too pushy. This is his first potential resident, after all, and he does not wish to frighten them away with his ‘incessant chatter’.

@[Aedan]

Messages In This Thread
    tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-01-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-06-2020, 07:54 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-07-2020, 02:58 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-09-2020, 07:15 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-18-2020, 09:48 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-26-2020, 07:27 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 09-01-2020, 03:27 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 09-09-2020, 07:17 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 10-17-2020, 09:35 AM