• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tired of nothing

aedan --

It does not take long before someone finds him with a name and a greeting that only includes half of the Island’s name. Aedan notices the stunted way it is offered, though he doesn’t think much of it. Maybe that’s what the locals call it, and he is no local. Not really, anyway, even though he grew up in Tephra. ”Aedan,” he offers with a nod and a pleasant enough smile. It feels almost strange to be talking to someone other than Vita, a thing he has not done in far too long.

Strange, but also nice.

The other stallion is about as strangely colored as Aedan is. Not that it’s unusual in Beqanna, but it makes him like the other man a bit more. The compliment doesn’t hurt. ”The stars come with tricks, though they’re best at night.” He grins, a bit playful and impish, feeling a bit more like himself with each passing moment. ”I’m here home shopping, though. Looking for a decent place for a few vagabonds to live. Myself, my wife, Vita…” He nearly hesitates on the word wife, but he doesn’t know what else to call her really. She was nothing less. ”And soon a child. Doesn’t have a name yet.”

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-01-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-06-2020, 07:54 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-07-2020, 02:58 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-09-2020, 07:15 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-18-2020, 09:48 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-26-2020, 07:27 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 09-01-2020, 03:27 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 09-09-2020, 07:17 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 10-17-2020, 09:35 AM