• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the stars never rise, mals
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He has never been to Tephra, he realizes as he slips across their borders and into the jungle kingdom. He might have even enjoyed this visit if it were not for the circumstances. Today, however, the eerie silence of the jungle sets him on edge, and he strains to listen for any noise other than the tropical birds chittering and crying out. There is an occasional twig snapping under a distant hoof, but each time he turns to look they’ve already vanished from his sight. Perhaps he prefers the wide-open spaces of his home or even Nerine. It’s rather difficult to navigate this region with heat alone.

But then there is a distinct sound of someone parting the underbrush and gingerly approaching. Yadigar turns his head and watches the outline of a taller male drawing near. His scrying eye flickers to life and displays a few different fortunes for the stranger – fire, bloodshed, and many broken hearts. But the other male only replies with a soft, “Oh. I see.”

The young dragon tucks his wings shamefully to his sides. None of the future paths end well, for him. “My name is Yadigar, of Pangea. I’ve come to make a deal with the witches of the west,” he explains in a voice that is only a breath above a whisper. The tall male nods slowly and glances over his shoulder for a moment before shifting his weight.

“I am Maleficar. I suppose my sisters and I are the witches you seek,” he says as he looks over the little scars along the prince’s face and body. He knows the stories those kinds of wounds tell. “What do you offer as payment?”

Yadigar keeps his gaze focused on the ground between them. He is afraid, as evidenced by the tense muscles in his shoulders and the way his head hangs low. But he fears losing his friends a great deal more than whatever pain the witches will inflict on him. He just has to play along until he’s strong enough to rise up against them all.

I am the firstborn son and heir of Pangea. I offer you my blood for whatever needs you have,” he says. The old witch nods slowly as he considers the prize offered. His gaze drifts upward as he seems to listen to someone whispering in his ear, though Yadigar can see no one there. He considers asking but he supposes magicians and witches are all a rather strange lot. They probably consider his reptilian mannerisms just as odd.

@[Maleficente / Malefica]

Messages In This Thread
    the stars never rise, mals - by yadigar - 07-28-2020, 12:46 PM
    RE: the stars never rise, mals - by yadigar - 08-17-2020, 11:21 PM