• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Ciri
    My friend is not happy here, and with all she's lost, I can't blame her. Their family may not have been the happiest, but I think there was something like love in it anyway. More than I'd have recognized before bringing Ciri and Gar on my self-imposed exile. 

I wish it had been enough for Gar, just to get away. For him though, only revenge will do, and I think that's why he's gone. I only wish he'd thought about Ciri and me before he'd left. 

I can feel Ciri pull her thoughts to me, their shades of grey flat and sad. Somehow her reply does nothing to ease my mind. Someone only Gar knows, someone he cares about. Someone secret. My brow creases unhappily at the news, but there's nothing I can do about it now. Not yet. 

I'm caught up in my own feelings, ignorant of the one's Ciri holds close to her chest. Twined together as we are though, it's impossible to miss the distress as it runs the length of her body before she speaks again. My tail tosses as I take in what's been said, catching on twigs where it drags. Its a lot that she's asking, but I know I'll do it. Even if I don't understand why she cares so much about the ones who haven't seen fit to come looking for her themselves. 

"Yes, I'll go," I nod after a moment. "For you, I'll go." I lift my head to shake out the tangles of my mane, eyes glancing to my sky colored companion's face. She's so worried for them. For all of them. A small smile softens my face. "You care too much, Angel. You know that, right?" I laugh gently. I can't imagine having that much space in my heart, but I wouldn't have her any other way. 

@[cirilla]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby // Ciri - by Tarte - 07-28-2020, 12:24 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Ciri - by cirilla - 08-21-2020, 11:01 AM
    RE: Not your baby // Ciri - by Tarte - 08-22-2020, 04:52 PM