• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look me in the eye, starlust
    [quote="wilt" pid='106727' dateline='1595876839']
    WILT
    His heart is full of love for her despite whatever qualms she has with him. Still, his love is twisted and malformed. It all grew in crooked, a ragged thing that splits at the seams and oozes over. She tells him he was not born of love. He tilts his dark head and steps forward on spindly legs to draw closer to her now. Starlust says many things that do little to deter him from nestling against her side as a normal child might.

I just want you to love me. Why am I so hard to love?” he begs her, his small black teeth clenched tight as the vines grow tighter around her now. Wilt doesn’t hide the way his nectar tears spill down his cheeks as he searches her face for some sign that she does care for him. It burns him raw right down to his core when she seems entirely unimpressed with his cries for affection. It seemed so effortless for Starsin to kiss her own children, to bask in their love for her.

I would do anything. Just kiss me goodnight and I’ll let you go. Please?” he pleads, his voice quaking as he rests his cheek on her warm shoulder. It is the most he has been permitted to touch her up to this point, he realizes. It brings him some small comfort despite her frigid stare and callous tone of voice. “I won’t even look for you again.

The tears drip down his small chin and the sickly sweet droplets collect on the grasses below him. And then he falls silent, trying to steady the sobs that ache to rattle through him.
    @[Starlust]

Messages In This Thread
    look me in the eye, starlust - by wilt - 07-27-2020, 02:07 PM
    RE: look me in the eye, starlust - by Starlust - 08-02-2020, 09:39 PM
    RE: look me in the eye, starlust - by wilt - 08-19-2020, 03:09 PM